Monday, August 23, 2010

Need name advice for baby #4 (girl)?

Baby #4 is a girl. Our other kids are:





Elisabeth (Ellie)


Benjamin


Connor





We are considering either Isabelle (but it's a bit popular) or Annabelle (is it too frilly compared to the others?) I want it to fit in with the other names-what do you think?? any advice appreciated!Need name advice for baby #4 (girl)?
Hmm, Love Isabella or Isabelle, you could call her Bella. I don't like Annabelle, sounds too old fashioned. How about Alyssa, or Alyska?Need name advice for baby #4 (girl)?
Isabelle is a pretty name


thats my middle name :)


i think ...


Leanna


Daisy


Delilah


Shannon


Bethany


Alyssa


Mary


Emma


Ashley


Melissa


Stacie/Stacey/Stacy


Emily


Haley


Mariah


Leah


Ivory





hope i helped :)
For some reason I don't like Ananbelle and I prefer Isabella but I get you on the last name ending in a.





How about:





Danielle (Dani) then you have B/C/D/E





But apart from that I like Paige or Gabrielle (Gabby)
I love Isabelle its very cute and when she is older its sofisticated
How bout Michelle or Jennifer


Alina Marisa Serena nichole bethany aubrey alysaa
I have a baby name book that on top of the name, meaning, origin, etc... it also gives ';sibling names'; and one name that showed up as a sibling name with all three of your childrens names was Leah. Sarah showed up as a sibling name for Benjamin and Ellie. One of my favorite names showed up as a sibling name for Ellie, but not the others and that name is Brynn.





Okay so I hear ya on the name ending with an A and last name beginning with an A (one of the reasons none of our kids have a name that ends with a ';k'; sound) so here are some other nice choices (although I do like Isabelle... but, it is getting very common) the popularity #'s are from 2003 so may have fluxuated since then...





Addison or Addyson (nickname Addie) popularity is #192


Caydence-- pop. #478


Karlie--pop. #187


Lauren--pop. #15


Sophie--pop #20


Erin--pop.#81


Jillian--pop#137


Kennedy--pop. #123


Mallory---popl #234


Rylee--pop. #72 (my daughters name)


Simone--pop#548





Congrats on Baby #4
um








cassie


chloe


leah


hannah


brannan


rachelle


leanne


christiona
Jessica is nice but may be too popular
Congrats on #4! Your other children have such lovely, solid names that will suit them well into adulthood.





You're right to fret that Isabelle is madly popular. But what's more, Isabelle and Elisabeth are closely related names. Isabelle is generally considered the Spanish variant of Elizabeth. So while the names sound distinct, I always find it curious when two siblings share nearly the same name - like having a Joseph and a Joel, an Allen and an Alyssa, or a Sally and a Sadie.





Annabelle is a touch on the frilly side. You might stick with the more tailored spelling Annabel, which I quite like.





Or have you considered Mariel? It's a lovely Danish variant of Mary, made famous by the actress Mariel Hemingway, but still quite underused. It has the same vibe as Elisabeth with an ';s'; - classic, but with an elegant twist.





Best wishes!
Hannah, or Madison, or Lauren
Isabelle
i don't think isabelle is good. a lil to old-fashioned for me. annabelle is okay, she could go by anna if she wanted to.


i think Melody is a really pretty name. if she doesnt like that name, she can always go by Mel or Dee. maybe Melody Anne or something
Mindy Rose,


Madison Elle,


Megan Ava and


Makenzie Louise





There on my list!





Isabelle is like a dog's name, IsabellA is pretty though! Annabelle is sweet!
What about a name that started with the letter ';D';? You already have names that start with, B,C, and E. Your missing the ';D';.





What about...


DAISY: Latin for ';day's eye.';


DALIA: Hebrew for ';branch.';


DANIELLE: Feminine form of Daniel.


DAPHNE: Greek for ';laurel.'; +


DARA: Semitic for ';pearl of wisdom.';


DARCY: Irish for ';dark.';


DARLA: Dear, loved one.


DAWN: From the Scandinavian for ';dawn.';


DEBORAH: Hebrew for ';bee.';


DELIA: From the Greek place name ';Delos'; and a pet form of Bedelia. .


DELILAH: From the Hebrew for ';amorous.';


DELLA: Pet form of Adella.


DESIREE: From the Latin for ';crave'; and French for ';desire.';


DINAH: From the Hebrew for ';judgment.';


DIXIE: A variation of ';Dixon';


DONNA: Latin for ';lady.';


DORA: Greek for ';gift.';


DORIS: Greek for ';of the sea.';


DOROTHY: Greek for ';gift of God.';


DULCIE: Latin for ';sweet.';
Annabelle, Ellie, Benjamin and Connor


Isabelle, Ellie, Genjamin and Connor





I like Annabelle better





Here are a few names


Rosabelle, Ellie, Benjamin and Connor


Arabella, Ellie, Benjamin and Connor


Arianna, Ellie Benjamin and Connor


Isadora, Ellie Benjamin and Connor





I like Rosabelle with Ellie Benjamin and Connor better then isabelle and Annabelle
I absolutely love all the names of your kids! Great choices lol - traditional and timeless but still nice and modern-sounding. I especially love that spelling of Elisabeth over Elizabeth, and with the nickname Ellie (my favorite girl's nickname of all time). I definitely wouldn't go with Isabelle, though it's a pretty name, it's just way too popular. Not that Elisabeth, Benjamin, or Connor are too uncommon, but none of them are popular in the trendy way that Isabelle is. Annabelle would be a really good fit with the others, in my opinion, and if you wanted it to be a little less frilly, what about the spelling Annabel instead? The -belle is what really seems to make it a bit poofy lol. Elisabeth, Benjamin, Connor, and Annabel would sound beautiful together. Or you could go with Isadora, instead of Isabelle.





The only thing with Annabel though would be the fact that then you'd have a kind of ABC theme going on, so if that doesn't bother you guys, definitely go with Annabel. If it does, these are some names that are kind of similar in style (in my head, anyway lol): Georgia (or Georgina), Madeline (though this is nearly as popular as Isabelle), Isadora, Juliette, Laura/Laurel, Violet, Nicolette, Matilda/Mathilde, Sara, Susannah, Hannah (though the double -n is a little close to Connor), Rebecca, Gretchen, Katharine (Kit), Victoria, Josephine (Josie), etc. Try www.nymbler.com for more names - all you do is type in names you already like (Elisabeth, Benjamin, Connor) and up will come tons more that match.





Good luck and congrats!!
I love Annabelle. Isabelle is cute too, but your right, it is a bit popular.
Amelie?


Laura?


Lorna?
belle
I prefer Isabelle on Annabelle and I think it works fab with the other kids names.


I would not be worried if its popular or not - the other kids names are not that rare either right? and they are still very beautiful!


good luck
emily or





kelli or


carolina ( my favorite)


kristen


katie ) my 2nd favorite


allison


bethany
I think it should start with a ';D'; so it would be Benjamin, Connor, DAYLIN, Elisabeth...like the alphabet.
Carrie Anne ..





I love that name
Well since my daughters name is Isabel I would have to go with your pick of Isabelle!! I love that name!! Congratulations
Prefer Elizabeth and Ben


I didn't like connor

No comments:

Post a Comment