Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Does anyone have advice for a dancer(girl) who is having trouble getting 6 pack abs?

Im 18yrs old and have danced since i was 3. during my regular schedule I dance non stop 7 days a week for 3hrs minimum. During class my ab workout consist of normal on the ground crunches, planks, legs in the air head off the ground and lowering legs not touching the ground and rising them, i also do crunches on my side which are supposed to work my obliques, my teacher says. I always feel my abs working and sometimes the next day i have the good hurt feeling in them but ive only seen the slightest outline of my 2 upper abs and nothing else. The worst part of my abs is my pooch area. I also dont see my obliques or feel them. when i wear jeans my sides and pooch area poke out.All my dancer friends have abs and are not afraid to show them off, i cant even walk out with a swimsuit on. PLEASE if anyone can help me.





im also 5'5 and weigh 128 lbs. with a short torso could that be the problem since i have long legs but a short torso?Does anyone have advice for a dancer(girl) who is having trouble getting 6 pack abs?
http://gymjunkez.blogspot.com/ check it out and tell me what you think about it ??Does anyone have advice for a dancer(girl) who is having trouble getting 6 pack abs?
when doing pirouettes, suck in your stomach and crouch. spot harder than normal and turn slower than normal. as a dancer myself, it is all about finding a way to include a workout in a dance routine or practice. sometimes abs are hard to target as a dancer because it's all about your legs and your obliques. suck in your gut harder. it worked for me!
Drink moe six packs.
Sounds to me like you've bought into the myth of spot reduction. Your doing way too many abdominal excercises and too little cardio. If your trying to sculp your abs, you must first burn off that layer of fat that rests ontop of them. There are two ways to do that. First you can start doing more cardio, running is key. The second is by changing your eating habits, which I am no expert in. Once you done this sufficiently, the abdominal excercises will strengthen your abs and make them firmer/stronger. Lastly, you don't want to neglect strength training, building muscle raises the metabolism, which allows for more energy and a higher burn rate of calories. Regularly burn more calaries than you take in and you'll be losing body fat in no time.
Body parts is not the prolem the problem is serisouly the whole difference. You gotta change it up. If you do the same thing all the time your likely to get nowhere.





What you do is abs every other day. Ill give you my basic ab workout and sucess.





25 for reps for al exercices, bicycles, in and outs, supermans, boat oblique v ups(different because crunches on your and your legs go up at the same time and dont touch the floor anymore), then i sit down pick my legs up off the floor and fist my hands together while touch both sides of the floor, then i do scissors(dont touch the floor once your legs are up, then leg lifts, then touch the your butt to the floor with your legs striaght to the cieling and up and down.





Remember variety is the key
seeing as you already do alot of ab work, you probably have good tone under the fat that covers the area


my main suggestion would be to do some cardio


use alot of interval training to help burn the fat off and make your abs look more visible


if you have alot of junk in your diet, make sure to take them out


you can also consider incorporate different ab exercises into your routine, because after a while your muscles get used to doing the same exercises over and over again


get proper nutrition after the workout and you should start seeing some abs:)


look up a video of ab ripper x - its a great workout

No comments:

Post a Comment